Cooper Parry Birmingham
Looking for a Graduate opportunity to start in Summer 2023?
Are you curious? Inquisitive? Always asking questions wondering how things tick?
Would working with cool businesses on-site interest you?
Keen to continue studying and gain a professional qualification?
Brilliant! Keep an open mind and discover why an Audit role in our Midlands based team could be the perfect career path for you.
A bit about CP….
We are one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. We were voted as the #No1 Accountancy firm to work for in the UK by the Best Companies awards 2021, along with a host of other awards as well.
So, what makes all this happen? Because we are leaving the dull old ways of accountancy behind, making our own rules, and always putting our people at the heart of our success.
What you'll be up to..
Working with some of the most exciting companies in the UK, you will kick off your training in one of our Audit areas, such as: Private Business, Big Business, Not for Profit or Pensions. This will give you a solid base of business and financial understanding and in a few years, you will be leading and taking charge of teams, not only supporting these clients but also supporting the next generation of CP Trainees.
Our Audit teams are based at either our Head Office at East Midlands Airport or central Birmingham. You will study for your AAT/ACA Chartered Accountant Qualification, over 3 years.
What does the day to day look like…
- Detailed review and documentation of client information (invoices, bank statements, payroll reports, transactions in the year)
- Assess the accuracy and reliability of client information
- Daily communication with various members of client finance teams to understand their systems and information
- Assist in preparing financial statements in our audit software
- Play a key part in meeting client deadlines, which can sometimes be quite tight!
- Working in small teams undertaking financial testing contributing your part to the audit of the company’s financial statements
- Client year end stocktake attendance (could be on weekends/around Christmas)
- Working in different field work teams, ranging from on client’s premises, the office, remote dependant on client/team specific needs.
- You will attend college on block release.
What we're looking for..
Studying for a professional qualification and working is not an easy pathway. You will need to be committed and have amazing project management skills to balance studies and the day job. We want to know why Audit is the career path for you. You need to be curious about companies and see our work as part of their success. So, we look for people who:
- Have great attention to detail, with a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within guidelines
- With a major part of our work is client based you need to be comfortable approaching clients, asking questions and delivering a brilliant client experience
- Take ownership of their own development
- Like working to pace with the want to succeed
- Are curious to find the best way of doing things
- Aren’t afraid of failure and can turn mistakes into learnings
- Want to stretch themselves and go above and beyond the norm
- Play all in to support the wider team
- Excited about the Audit sector
To help set people up for success we prefer students to have a minimum of 112 UCAS points, however – drive and ambition is just as important! As such we welcome applications from all backgrounds. School or college leavers, graduates, change of career down the line – we want to hear from you.
What's in it for you...
If our people love working here, then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
- Open holidays
- No dress code - just “Wear something!”
- Ongoing development and career growth
- A flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients
- Study support from our very own inhouse student support manager as well as professional memberships
- Wellbeing events and activities throughout the year
- Interest free season loan tickets
- Cooper Parry social/sports clubs
- Reward & recognition scheme
- Company wide volunteering days
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. One of our Early Careers Team will then contact you.
- Job type