Tax Trainee - Tech & High Growth
Cooper Parry London
Want to start an exciting new career in Summer 2023? Do you have an interest in emerging technologies and how it is shaping the future? Can you imagine working with rapidly growing start-ups and scaleups in the tech sector?
Keen to continue studying and gain a professional qualification?
We aren’t your usual Tax team - we are part of the Tech & High Growth team in Shoreditch, London, working together as a unit to put fast scaling companies in the best position to fly! We see our clients’ success as our success, and we are looking for people just as ambitious as us to join the THG family.
A bit about CP....
We are the fastest growing team within one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. We were voted as the #No1 Accountancy firm to work for in the UK by the Best Companies awards 2021, along with a host of other awards as well… so what makes us so special?
Well, keep reading to find out!
About the role…..
You will be working with some of the fastest growing, best funded scaleups in the UK: tech and consumer businesses that are flying and need our help. We support the founders and the finance teams in these companies to deal with the challenges of rapid expansion.
Day to day you can expect:
- Working in small teams to really understand our clients and what they want to achieve. Then advising them on how to get there.
- Turning complex jargon into simple terms and actions for our brilliant clients.
- Making sure our clients are compliant by preparing and submitting their tax returns.
- Liaising with HMRC about tax returns and tax reliefs.
- Generating new ideas, solutions and spotting opportunities to enhance our client offering.
- Studying for your ATT/CTA or ACA/CTA joint qualifications and keeping up to date with changes to legislation and the impact they may have on our clients.
- Supporting and coaching other trainees as you progress - going on to own a small portfolio of clients.
- We’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported every step of the way with your career development.
What we're looking for
You need great attention to detail, a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within guidelines. A major part of our work is client facing, so you need to be comfortable approaching clients and asking questions. You need to be curious about growth companies and see our work as part of their success.
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in working with Tech & High Growth companies
- Like working to pace with an insatiable hunger to succeed
- Able to deliver a brilliant client experience through clear effective communication
- Want to stretch themselves and go above and beyond the norm
- Great attention to detail, a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within guidelines.
- Comfortable approaching clients and asking questions.
- Curious about growth companies and see our work as part of their success.
To help set people up for success we prefer students to have a minimum of 112 UCAS points, however – drive and ambition is just as important! As such we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We would consider graduates (any subject), school & college leavers and career changers.
What's in it for you...
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1.We start doing that by putting our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
- Open holidays
- No dress code - just “Wear something!”
- Incredible ongoing development and career growth
- A flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients
- Study Support /leave and Professional memberships
- Cooper Parry Social/Sports Clubs
- Regular Social events
- Volunteering/ charity days
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about.
We're committed to being a truly inclusive place to work, where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their true potential. Let us know if you need adjustments to support you through any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. One of our Early Careers Team will then contact you.
- Job type