Business Development Manager
Cooper Parry Castle Donington
As Cooper Parry’s next Business Development Manager, you will thrive on the buzz of converting targets into new clients, in a fast-paced environment across tax compliance and advisory services, including entrepreneur tax services, tax for bigger businesses, as well as Innovation/R&D tax incentives, VAT, Transactional Tax, and other specialist Tax services.
When you join Cooper Parry, you’ll be working for the #1 Accountancy Firm to Work For in the UK, with a laser-focused future vision. We’re on a massive growth journey and we need brilliant, motivated and ambitious people to help us get there.
As a Business Development Manager, you will work alongside the Tax experts to develop long lasting, reciprocal and profitable relationships, convert opportunities and manage bids. By bringing your energy and experience to work with targets at each stage of a sales process, you will be at the forefront of maintaining our market-leading conversion rate through CP’s robust BD process. You’ll build a commercial understanding of the clients and market we work with, and continually be hungry to learn more.
Internally, you will work closely with the Tax team in Cooper Parry, taking the time to broaden your understanding of their key client issues and propositions. This is a target-driven role and will be part of a focused and ambitious BD team, critical to our Cooper Parry growth vision.
What you will need…
As a successful Business Development Manager, you will have a track record in a target-oriented role, working to tight deadlines, ideally managing high-value opportunities.
- B2B sales or business development experience - in account management, developing relationships and bid management support
- An understanding of Tax specialisms, whether that’s Corporate Tax, International Tax, Capital Allowances, R&D/Innovation, Indirect/VAT, Employment Tax etc.
- Understanding of existing business development processes (not exclusively) for professional services (not essential but would be advantageous)
- Good understanding of local market dynamics and existing network across the accounting, legal and financial services sectors
- Commercial awareness and an understanding how to adapt your verbal and written communication style to different people
- Managing multiple, complex projects at once
- Strong influencer, from internal senior stakeholders to external stakeholders
- Flexible approach with ability to respond quickly when priorities change
What’s in it for you…
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We put our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then then they do amazing work.
That’s why we offer things like:
- Competitive salaries (this role will be target driven and as such will have a great commission package)
- Be a key part of a growing, ambitious firm disrupting the market
- Open holidays
- A truly flexible approach to work, balancing working from home and working in one of our gorgeous offices, with our principle of “Work From Anywhere, Forever”
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
- Job type